Never leave a burning candle unattended.
Never light a candle on or near anything that could catch fire.
Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.
Never touch or move a burning candle, especially when the wax is hot and liquid.
Avoid burning a candle all the way down.
Avoid any foreign matter as wick trimmings or matches in the wax pool.
Use a candleholder adjusted to the candle size and place the candleholder on a stable and heat-resistant surface.
Make sure the room is well ventilated and consider about 100 cm of overhead clearance above the candle to be sure that the flame and the heat can rise safely.
To prevent uneven burning, dripping, and even sooting, keep clear of any draughts such as ceiling fans or air conditioning.
Burn candles separately enough to avoid one’s heat melting the other.
For safe extinguishing, be careful when blowing out a candle in order to avoid hot wax dripping and splattering.
Never use water to put out a candle as it could cause hot wax splatter.
Always wait for complete extinguishing before touching or moving the candle or leaving it unattended.
Warm temperatures may melt the wax. Store candles in a dry cool place while they are not to be used.